At D&I Services, we’re trained professionals and we provide a cost effective way to help you achieve compliance with Government regulatory regulations and directives.
D&I Services Ltd. is an approved oilfield contractor specializing in measuring all unmetered gas volumes for Fuel, Flare, Vent volumes. We work in Western Canada (Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) estimating unmetered fuel consumption, flared and vented natural gas volumes at oil and gas facilities to ensure your organization remains compliant with provincial regulating bodies.
We assist in establishing a corporate inventory log of unmeasured gas volume locations. We work under the initiatives and directives created by provincial regulating bodies such as (AER), Alberta’s Energy Regulator for reducing unmeasured fuel, vent and flared gas volumes.
D&I Services Ltd. provides the following services:
- Capture parameters for unmeasured fuel, vent and flare volume emissions for oil & gas facilities
- Physically gather field data measurements for the FlareCheck application deriving specific factors for specified unmeasured emissions or utilize well site sheet specifications as provided by the company
- Prepare a log summary of the factors by battery, well, compressor, plant, injection facility on a customized log for each area (see below for examples of equipment factor calculation)
- Provide on-site training for operational excellence to management, superintendents, foremen, operators, administrators, measurement coordinators and production accountants
- Maintain existing log factors on an annual basis in accordance with government validation requirements as set out by your company
The log summary tracks all unmetered gas volumes such as:
- Total site ESD or blowdowns to flare or vent- Can be broken out to include individual vessels or parts of the site.
- Meter runs, single chamber orifice plate changers, flange fittings, depressurized pipe to change out or inspect.
- Compressor blowdowns can be broke out to include depressurization to zero pressure or to set pressures.
- Engine fuel gas use horsepower based estimation.
- Start gas- Fuel gas vented to atmosphere used for starting of compressor drive engines.
- Pumpjack gas driver fuel use- Casing gas used for fuel.
- Pig receivers and senders, desanders, group receivers.
- Catadyne heaters, tank heaters.
- Line heater fuel, estimated from the BTU rating of the unit
- Reboiler fuel, estimated from the BTU rating of the unit
- Heat trace pumps– Pneumatic pumps using fuel gas to transfer heat medium to prevent freeze up of piping.
- Pneumatic chemical pumps – based on liters per day and pressures injecting into i.e. sales pipeline.
- Venting from production tanks.
- Purge gas, non-explosive mixture in the flare header.
- Pilot gas– gas used to maintain a flame for ignition.
- High and low bleed controllers if specified by your company
We will provide your company with your FlareCheck application .flr file and completed log summaries for every location requested by your company. Customized logs can be built from your operator information or we can attend each site. The customized logs are provided to you for daily use (flaring and venting tracking) and for your compliance on site audit trail.
The log identifies the location of the unmeasured volume and battery code for production accounting reporting of upstream or downstream volumes. The listing typically includes: gas plant facilities, compressor stations, satellites, oil and gas batteries, well sites, pig headers and tank farms.
We provides feedback and recommendations to your company for anomalies sited in the field, offering potential enhancement to your operations around unmeasured volumes and government requirements.
Learn more about D&I Services as well as flare gas and vent gas measurement.